To promote this movie a big viral campaign was produced with fake virals. One month ago, fake videos about tv news were appeared on internet who spoke about the distruction of a oil tanker in the middle of Atlantic Ocean. The owner of the oil tanker was the japanese Tagruato, a fake oil tanker company; as well the fault of this destruction was attributed to the environmentalist association TIDO Wave, as well fake.
The news was produced in different language:
Chuai Station “News” Reports – YouTube Channel
• English News
• German News
• Italian News
• Spanish News
• French News
• Russian News
• Japanese News
• Korean News
To increase the views and the buzz, it was also created a fake video blogger, a nice blonde girl who speaks about her and her Teddy bear and about Cloverfield too..
It s not finish. Fake commercial of a fake drink were made. Slusho.
Since five years ago this drink is a kind of brand of JJ Abrams. In some episode of Alias, Heros appears this drink. Anatother way to promote the movie and the buzzing on it.
and what about the movie videos and trailers?
Well, the officials are 15..
• TV Commercial #1 – Monster
• TV Commercial #2 – Robert
• TV Commercial #3 – Teaser
• TV Commercial #4 – We Are Not Alone
• TV Commercial #5 – Some Thing Has Arrived
• TV Commercial #6 – Who Would You Go Back For?
• TV Commercial #7 – Their Only Hope Is Each Other
• TV Commercial #8 – Experience The Event
• TV Commercial #9 – Tunnel Rats
• TV Commercial #10 – Some Thing Has Found Us (15 sec)
• TV Commercial #11 – Discover The Secret (15 sec)
• TV Commercial #12 – Who Would you Save (15 sec)
• TV Commercial #13 – Cobra Mix
• TV Commercial #14 – Breathe
• TV Commercial #15 – Extreme
just a note. The story links to BoxOfficeMojo.com who is reporting that Cloverfield has stomped the competition and was #1 on Friday:
1. CLOVERFIELD – $16,750,000
2. 27 DRESSES – $7,650,000
3. THE BUCKET LIST – $4,150,000
from cloverfieldclues , the fake/real blog of the movie